Solar Panel Cost Calculator
Can you save on energy costs by installing solar on the roof of your residence, commercial, or industrial property? Use our solar panel cost and savings calculator to find out. You may be surprised how fast utility rate inflation builds up, and how fast fixing the cost through rooftop or ground mount solar can pay for itself.
The Federal Government currently offers a 30% tax credit for the entire cost of your system. This includes all costs related to the install. That’s a HUGE savings on your solar installation!
Don't be at the mercy of your electric company
- Energy rates are constantly increasing, some as much as 20% in recent years.
- Rates increased faster than inflation over the past 10 years.
- buying your power adds up to thousands of dollars wasted each year.
- Instead of buying your energy, why not own your own power plant?
- Take back control of energy costs with solar power.
Your Trusted Local Solar Company
As a local solar company, Green Ridge Solar is committed to our community and our customers. We partner with state and local institutions to bring you the best service and workmanship possible. Our customers are our neighbors, and our outstanding reviews are a testament to the quality of our work. Use our solar panel cost calculator to see how much you can save.
Green Ridge Solar is a 5-Star Trade Ally of the Energy Trust of Oregon. This rating is only awarded to solar companies with outstanding commitment to quality of workmanship and customer service.
Customer service is our top priority. We do everything possible to make your solar process comfortable and easy. As a result, our customers have rated us one of the top local solar installers in Oregon.
Green Ridge Solar was founded by two best friends from the Portland area. All our employees are locally hired. We are Oregon natives who love this state and are dedicated to our community.
WHY NATE WENT SOLAR WITH GREEN RIDGE
What our customers have to say
A Proven Process: The Green Ridge Way
Green Ridge Solar is there for you every step of the way. From the first call or email to the day your solar panels start producing (and beyond), we are dedicated to you, your solar project, and your satisfaction as our customer.
- Quick & easy communication
- Upfront & honest feedback
- Transparent & inclusive process
- Custom engineered solar design
- Professional solar installation
- We handle your paperwork
We work hard on every solar project, and we take pride in satisfying each and every customer. That’s why we like to show off a bit and share our latest solar installations.
Now is the best time to go solar in Oregon
Thanks to a combination of federal solar incentives, state and local solar incentives, and historically low solar costs, it has never been cheaper to install solar panels in Oregon.
But don’t wait! Solar incentives are scheduled to decrease and disappear soon.
The federal government is offering a 30% tax credit on the entire cost of your solar project. But don’t wait, the tax credit decreases to 26% in 2033, then 22% in 2034, and expires in 2035.
Read more about the federal solar tax credit (Investment Tax Credit, or ITC) by clicking here.
Homeowners on Pacific General Electric (PGE) can earn a $400 solar rebate for installing solar panels.
Pacific Power customers can earn a $450 solar rebate for installing solar panels.
Solar Within Reach is a solar incentive program for income-eligible Oregon residents. Solar Within Reach is run by Energy Trust of Oregon and provides elevated incentive rates for households that meet certain income requirements.
Qualifying residents will receive up to $1.00 per Watt discount on their solar installation, with a maximum discount of $6,000 per home.
To qualify for Solar Within Reach, homeowners must:
- Be a Pacific Power or Portland General Electric customer
- Have gross annual income at or below the income threshold for their household size (see income guidelines)
- Work with a qualifying Solar Trade Ally Contractor, such as Green Ridge Solar.
To see the income guidelines for Solar Within Reach, click here.
Read more about the Solar Within Reach program by clicking here.
Solar + Storage is a rebate program run by the Oregon Department of Energy. The program makes solar and\or battery installs more affordable for Oregon residents.
To qualify for the Solar + Storage Rebate, you must be an Oregon resident who meets income guidelines (see chart) or be eligible for (not necessarily enrolled in) one of the following programs:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Oregon Energy Assistance Program
- Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP) (Medicaid)
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Rebate rates for solar installs are determined based on income levels:
- Low-income and middle-income residents: $1.80 per Watt (DC) of installed capacity, up to 60 percent of the net cost or $5,000, whichever is less
- Residents not low- or moderate-income but are eligible for utility incentive: $0.20 per watt DC installed capacity, up to 40% of costs or $5,000 (whichever is lower).
- Residents not low- or moderate-income and not eligible for utility incentive: $0.50 per watt DC installed capacity, up to 40% of costs or $5,000 (whichever is lower).
Note: The 30 percent Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is not considered a utility incentive.
Rebate rates for energy storage are as follows:
- Low-income or middle-income residents: $300 per kilowatt hour of installed storage capacity, up to 60 percent of the net energy storage system cost or $2,500, whichever is less
Solar + Storage
|Household Size||Gross Household
* Gross annual income means all household income before any deductions
Read more about the Solar+Storage Rebate by clicking here.
Still have questions?
- How much do solar panels cost?
- Is solar power a good investment?
- Will solar panels work on my home?
- Is residential solar an option in my area?
- How do I find professional solar installers?
We Have Answers
Find answers to all your solar power questions at our Frequently Asked Questions page. Or try out our solar panel cost calculator for an instant savings estimate.