SOLAR Panel calculator
Solar is More Affordable Than You Think!
don't be at the mercy of your electric company
- Energy rates are constantly increasing.
- Rates increased 15% over last 10 years.
- Renting your power adds up to thousands of dollars wasted each year.
- Instead of renting your energy, why not own your own power plant?
- Take back control of energy costs with solar power.
Your Trusted Local Solar Company
As a local solar company, Green Ridge Solar is committed to our community and our customers. We partner with state and local institutions to bring you the best service and workmanship possible. Our customers are our neighbors, and our outstanding reviews are a testament to the quality of our work.
Green Ridge Solar is a 5-Star Trade Ally of the Energy Trust of Oregon. This rating is only awarded to solar companies with outstanding commitment to quality of workmanship and customer service.
Customer service is our top priority. We do everything possible to make your solar process comfortable and easy. As a result, our customers have rated us one of the top local solar installers in Oregon.
Green Ridge Solar was founded by two best friends from the Portland area. All our employees are locally hired. We are Oregon natives who love this state and are dedicated to our community.
Premium Black-on-Black Panels for a stunning solar array.
Green Ridge Solar uses the latest top-tier solar technology. This includes sleek black-on-black solar panels with a special matte finish to reduce glare. These low-profile and low-glare solar panels provide peak performance. And with a 25-year production warranty, they are guaranteed to produce maximum power long into the future.
WHY NATE WENT SOLAR WITH GREEN RIDGE
What our customers have to say
I made the crew a chocolate cake to thank them for their careful professional installation of solar panel array.
They installed Solar Panels on our roof. Great experience with the staff on every level. I highly recommend them.
My solar panels were installed almost two weeks ago. I have had comments from my neighbors as to how nice the panels sit on my house. The inspectors from my county engineers and electrical utility have all noted how neat and professional the panels and hookups are installed.
It's been a great experience so far: 5 stars all around!! From the Customer Service, Sales, Installation Crew, etc. The City of Beaverton approved the permits for Installation today and commented on the high quality job. Hopefully we'll be up and running on Solar Power next week once PGE finish their side of things. Would recommend Green Ridge to anybody considering Solar.
The entire team at Green Ridge were absolutely fantastic. They were super patient with us as we studied our options for solar and figured out financing for it,. They walked us through their whole process for designing the system for our home, and were quickly responsive whenever we needed clarification on something. The install was quick and easy, and they handled all the permitting and other attendant bureaucracy. If you're looking to get a solar... read more
I had zero clue about solar. I found Green Ridge through energy trust of Oregon. They had very high great reviews. One of the 1st companies to reach out after submitting my request. I strongly recommend them. The whole process from start to finish was so very easy. The company does all the paperwork for you just a couple esign documents. They schedule all inspections you need. The crew was very prompt and... read more
Green Ridge has been so pleasant to work with. I was kept well informed every step of the way. We’ve had other contracting companies do work on our house & none have compared to the professionalism & communication of Green Ridge Solar. They have been completely transparent with all of our options. We decided to do financing & it was extremely easy. If you are looking for solar panels this is the company to go... read more
Good price. Very helpful people to work with from the start. It took a long time to navigate the county steps to get approval to build, but they were persistent.
Thank you Green Ridge Solar!!! Making the choice to go solar was a long process for us. Green Ridge Solar was an excellent partner to have support our process as they kept us informed with excellent communications throughout. From the Sales Consultant, Estimation, Installation to follow-up they were Professional, Respectful and Gold Quality all the way. To take on the project during the status of our community with total commitment on... read more
A Proven Process: The Green Ridge Way
Green Ridge Solar is there for you every step of the way. From the first call or email to the day your solar panels start producing (and beyond), we are dedicated to you, your solar project, and your satisfaction as our customer.
- Quick & easy communication
- Upfront & honest feedback
- Transparent & inclusive process
- Custom engineered solar design
- Professional solar installation
- We handle your paperwork
OUR RECENT Solar Panel Installations
We work hard on every solar project, and we take pride in satisfying each and every customer. That’s why we like to show off a bit and share our latest solar installations.
Family and Small Business Go Solar
A local family had always though about going solar. They finally decided to make the investment and save for their children’s future.
Solar companies turned him down
After other solar companies turned him down, Green Ridge Solar took on the challenge and created a unique solar solution for his family.
POPULAR RADIO HOST DECIDES TO GO SOLAR
A popular conservative radio talkshow host saw the light and installed solar panels and battery backup for his home and radio studio.
Now is the best time to go solar in Oregon
Thanks to a combination of federal solar incentives, state and local solar incentives, and historically low solar costs, it has never been cheaper to install solar panels in Oregon.
But don’t wait! Solar incentives are scheduled to decrease and disappear soon.
The federal government is offering a 26% tax credit on the entire cost of your solar project. But don’t wait, the tax credit decreases to 22% in 2023 and expires in 2024.
Read more about the federal solar tax credit (Investment Tax Credit, or ITC) by clicking here.
Homeowners on Pacific General Electric (PGE) can earn a $0.20 per Watt rebate for their solar install, with a maximum rebate of $1,400.
Pacific Power customers can earn a $0.18 per Watt rebate for their solar install, with a maximum rebate of $900.
Solar Within Reach is a solar incentive program for income-eligible Oregon residents. Solar Within Reach is run by Energy Trust of Oregon and provides elevated incentive rates for households that meet certain income requirements.
Qualifying residents will receive up to $1.40 per Watt discount on their solar installation, with a maximum discount of $8,400 per home.
To qualify for Solar Within Reach, homeowners must:
- Be a Pacific Power or Portland General Electric customer
- Have gross annual income at or below the income threshold for their household size (see chart below)
- Work with a qualifying Solar Trade Ally Contractor, such as Green Ridge Solar.
Read more about the Solar Within Reach program by clicking here.
Solar + Storage is a rebate program run by the Oregon Department of Energy. The program makes solar and\or battery installs more affordable for Oregon residents.
To qualify for the Solar + Storage Rebate, low-income or middle-income homeowners must be eligible for (not necessarily enrolled in) one of the following programs:
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Oregon Energy Assistance Program
- Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program
Rebate rates for solar installs are determined based on income levels:
- Low-income and middle-income residents: $1.80 per Watt (DC) of installed capacity, up to 60 percent of the net cost or $5,000, whichever is less
- Non low-income or middle-income residents already eligible for a utility incentive: $0.20 per Watt (DC) of installed capacity, up to 40 percent of the net cost or $5,000, whichever is less
- Non low-income or middle-income residents not eligible for a utility incentive: $0.50 per Watt (DC) of installed capacity, up to 40 percent of the net cost or $5,000, whichever is less
Note: The 26 percent Federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is not considered a utility incentive.
Rebate rates for energy storage are as follows:
- Low-income or middle-income residents: $300 per kilowatt hour of installed storage capacity, up to 60 percent of the net energy storage system cost or $2,500, whichever is less
- Non low-income or middle-income residents: $300 per kilowatt hour of installed storage capacity, up to 40 percent of the net energy storage system cost or $2,500, whichever is less
Read more about the Solar+Storage Rebate by clicking here.
Still have questions?
- How much do solar panels cost?
- Is solar power a good investment?
- Will solar panels work on my home?
- Is residential solar an option in my area?
- How do I find professional solar installers?
We’ve Got Answers
Find answers to all your solar power questions at our Frequently Asked Questions page.